Objective: A new, simple, sensitive, precise, reproducible UV visible spectrophotometric method was developed for the estimation of Carbimazole in Tablet dosage form. Methods: The UV spectrum of Carbimazole in methanol and distilled water (30:70) showed ? max at 289.6nm. Beer’s law is valid in the concentration range of 10-50µg/ml. This method was validated for linearity, accuracy, precision, ruggedness and robustness. Results: The method has demonstrated excellent linearity over the range of 10-50µg/ml with the regression equation y = 0.0232x + 0.0466, and regression coefficient i.e, r2= 0.9992 moreover, the method was found to be highly sensitive with LOD (1.818µg/ml) and LOQ (5.509µg/ml). Conclusion: From the results it can be concluded that the given method can be successfully applied for assay of Carbimazole in Tablet dosage form.
Cite this article:
Zainab A. Bagalkote, Ganesh Gajeli. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation of Carbimazole in Bulk and Tablet Dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):163-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00030
Zainab A. Bagalkote, Ganesh Gajeli. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation of Carbimazole in Bulk and Tablet Dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):163-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00030 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-3-4
1. S. De Leo, S.Y. Lee, L.E. Braverman Hyperthyroidism. LANCET, 388(2016), pp. 906-908
2. Abeer A. Sharfalddin, Mostafa A. Hussien. Bivalence metal complexes of antithyroid drug Carbimazole: synthesis, characterization, computational simulation, and biological studies. Journal of molecular structure 2021,1228,129725
3. Lewis A, Tzilivakis J, warner D and Green. An International journal 2016;22(4):1050-1064
4. Antithyroid drug carbimazole and its analogues: Synthesis and inhibition of peroxidase –Catalyzed iodination of L-tyrosin –Journal of medicinal chemistry.2008;51:7313-7317.
5. Determination of methimazole in urine by liquid chromatography. Talanta 2007; 71: 2121-2124.
6. Barzegar M, Jabbari A, and Mousavi F. Anal. Chem. 2004; 51: 363-366
8. Avinash V., et al. “Quantitative estimation of carbimazole by UV derivative spectrophotometry in bulk drug and tablet formulation”. American Journal of Pharm Tech Research. 2012; 2:67-68.
9. ICH Q2 (R1) validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology, International Conference on Harmonization, November, 1996, 1-15.