The main objective of this article is to formulate and evaluate an effective herbal face pack for glowing skin by using natural ingredients in varying concentrations, ingredients such as multanimitti, turmeric, aloe vera, sandal wood, orange peel, neem and nutmug ets. Ayurvedic formulations are safer than synthetic formulation because its side effect is very low. This prepared formulation is evaluated through the some important parameters like as Organoleptic, Phytochemical, Physicochemical, and Physical Characteristics. The main purpose of Herbal face packs are to remove the dark circle, Pimples, Scars, through the increase blood circulation and maintained it and the rejuvenates the skin and remove dirt particles from the skin pores.
Cite this article:
Ravi Kumar, Komal. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal face Pack. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2021; 11(1):9-12. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2021.00003.4
Ravi Kumar, Komal. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal face Pack. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2021; 11(1):9-12. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2021.00003.4 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-1-3
1. N Himaja, A kumar, B kumar. Preparation and Evaluation of Poly Herbal Fruit Face Mask.Quest Journals Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Science, (2015) pp: 07-13 ISSN(Online): 2347-2995.
2. N Yadav, R Yadav, Preparation and Evaluation of Herbal Face Pack.International Journal of Recent Scientific Research Vol. 6, May, 2015pp.4334-4337.
3. RS Pal, Y Pal, P Wal.In-House Preparation and Standardization of Herbal Face Pack.The Open Dermatology Journal, 2017, pp 72-80.
4. MS Ashawat, M Banchhor. Herbal Cosmetics Trends in skin care formulation. Pharmacogn Rev 2009; 3(5): 82-9.
5. SY Mendhekar, PS Sonawane, RB Kale. Formulation and Evaluationof Polyherbal Face Pack. W.J.P. Pharmaceutical Sciences.
6. RR-Ramos, JL Flores-Saenz, G PHernandez, L Lemus, FAA guilar, Arch. Invest. Med. (Mex), 1991, 22, 87-93.
7. S. saraf, S. saraf. Cosmetics a practical manual, Pharma med press, 2nd edition, 2005; 126-129.
8. D Chanchal. S Saraf. Herbal Photoprotective Formulations and their Evaluation. The Open Nat Prod Journal 2: (2009), 71-76.
9. Millikan, E Larry. Cosmetology, cosmetics, cosmeceuticals: definitions and regulations. Clinics in dermatology, 2001, 19 (4); 371-374.
10. CVS Subrahmanyam, text book of Physical pharmaceutics, 2011edition, published by Vallabh prakashan, pg.no:195-200.
11. M Singh; S Sharma; SL Khokra; RK Sahu; R Jangde, Preparation and Evaluation of Herbal Cosmetic Cream; Pharmacology online, 2011; 1258-1264.
12. Indian Standard, Face Pack-Specification, IS 15153: 2002, August 2002 [cited 2016 Aug 05].
13. MM Rieger. Harry's Cosmeticology. In: Chapter 23, Face, Body and Hair Masks & Scrubs. 8th ed. vol I. New York: Chemical Publishing Co.; 2009. p. 471-483.
14. JK Hwang, JS Shim, SH Gwon, YY Kwon, HI Oh. Novel use of Panduratin derivatives or extract of Kaempferia pandurata comprising the same. U.S. Patent 0065272A1, 2012.
15. Michelle O'Sullivan, Turmeric is an effective homemade face pack ingredient to help open pores, Nov 2016. Available from: http://newswire.net/ newsroom/pr/00094136.
16. Best Benefits of Turmeric (Haldi) For Skin, Hair, And Health-No.4 Is the Best Nov 2016, Availablefrom: http://www. stylecraze. Com/articles/ turmeric-history-how-to-use-benefits.
17. R Rajeswari, MU madevi, CS Rahale, R Pushpa, S Selvavenkadesh, KP Sampath Kumar, DB howmik. Aloe vera: The Miracle Plant Its Medicinal and Traditional Uses in India. J Pharmacogn Phytochem 2012; 1(4): 118-124.
18. CT Nemade, N Baste. Formulation and evaluation of a herbal facial scrub. World J Pharm Res 2014; 3(3): 4367-4371.
19. CT Nemade, N Baste. Formulation and evaluation of a herbal facial scrub. World J Pharm Res 2014; 3(3): 4367-4371.
20. K Yamini, T Onesimus. Preparation and Evaluation of Herbal Anti-Acne Gel. Int J Pharm Bio Sci 2013; 4(2): 956-960.
21. DS Koli, AN Mane, VM Kumbhar, KS Shaha. Formulation & Evaluation of Herbal Anti-Acne Face Wash. World J Pharm. Sci 2016; 5(6): 2001-2007.
22. KK Kumar; K Sasikanth; M Sabareesh; N Dorababu. Formulation and Evaluation of Diacerein Cream; Asian J Pharm Clin Res, 2011; 4(2): 9398.
23. MA Siddhiqi. Format for the pharmacopoeial analytical standards of compound formulation, workshop on standardization of Unani drugs, Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine 1995. New Delhi. 1995.
24. World Health Organisation. Pharmaceuticals Unit: Qualitiy control methods for medicinal plant materials: 1992.
25. KR Khandelwal. Practical Pharmacognosy 12th ed. 2004.
26. O Avinash. Maske, P Manisha, D Ashwin, Wanjari, Formulation and evaluation of herbal face pack for glowing skin. International Journal of Advances in Pharmaceutics, 2019; 08(01): 5184.
27. B Sachin. Somwanshi, S Kiran, Kudale, T Ramdas. Dolas, B Kiran. Kotade, Formulation and Evaluation of Cosmetic Herbal Face Pack for Glowing Skin, Int. J. Res. Ayurveda Pharm. 8 (S. 3), 2017.