Davesh S. Jire, Nitin S. Gosavi, Roshan B. Badhe, Dipak H. Jagdale
Davesh S. Jire, Nitin S. Gosavi, Roshan B. Badhe, Dipak H. Jagdale
Ahinsa Institute of Pharmacy, Dhule Road, Dondaicha 425408.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
Oral contraceptives have become a very popular application over the past few decades and in the pharmaceutical industry the field has become a fast-growing area. These oral contraceptive pills can be given at anytime, anywhere to anyone who needs this without the presence of water and this will show effective action in a few minutes. Tablets that finish the mouth during oral administration should be melted or dispersed in the mouth within 15sec to 3 minutes without the help or need of any drinking agent such as water.
Cite this article:
Davesh S. Jire, Nitin S. Gosavi, Roshan B. Badhe, Dipak H. Jagdale. Mouth Dissolving Tablet: A Novel Drug Delivery System. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):180-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00033
Davesh S. Jire, Nitin S. Gosavi, Roshan B. Badhe, Dipak H. Jagdale. Mouth Dissolving Tablet: A Novel Drug Delivery System. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):180-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00033 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-3-7
1. Chein YW. Oral Drug Delivery and Delivery Systems. 2nd ed. New York: Marcel Dekker; 1992.
2. Chang R, Guo X, Burnside BA and Couch RA. A Review of Fast Dissolving Tablets. PharmTech 2000; 24(6): 52-58.
3. Kuchekar BS, Bhise SB and Arungam V. Design of Fast Dissolving Tablets. Indian J Pharm Edu 2005; 35: 150.
4. Slowson M and Slowson S. What to do when patients cannot swallow their medications. Pharma Times 1985; 51: 90‐96.
5. Indurwade NH, Rajyaguru TH and Nakhat PD. Novel approach: Fast dissolving tablets. Indian Drugs 2002; 39(8): 405-41.
6. Seager HJ. Drug delivery products and zydis fast dissolving dosage forms. Pharm Pharmcol 1998; 50: 375-382.
7. Gohel M, Patel M, Amin A, Agrawal R, Dave R and Bariya N. Formulation design and optimization of mouth dissolve tablets ofnimesulide using vacuum drying technique. AAPS Pharm Sci Tech 2004; 5: 36.
8. Arya A, Chandra A: Fast drug delivery system: A review. Scholars Research Library 2010; 02(02): 350-361.
9. Reddy LH, Ghosh B and Rajneesh. Fast dissolving drug delivery system: A review of literature. Indian J Pharm Sci 2002; 64(4): 331‐336.
10. Habib W, Khankari R and Hontz J. Fast‐dissolving drug delivery systems: Critical review in therapeutics. Drug Carrier Systems 2002; 17(1): 61-72.
11. Bradoo R, Shahani S, Poojary S, Deewan, B and Sudarshan S. Fast dissolving drug delivery systems. JAMA India 2001; 4(10): 27‐31.
12. Biradar SS, Bhagavati ST and Kuppasad IJ. Fast dissolving drug delivery systems: A brief overview. The Int J Pharmacol 2006; 4(2).
13. Bhaskaran S, Narmada GV. Rapid Dissolving tablet A Novel dosage form. Indian Pharmacist 2002; 1: 9-12.
14. Devrajan PV and Gore SP, Melt- in- mouth tablets: innovative oral drug delivery system. Express Pharma Pulse 2000; 7(1):16.
15. Ghosh T, Ghosh A, Prasad D: A review on new generation orodispersible tablets and its future prospective. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2011; 03(01): 1-7.
16. Parakh SR and Gothoskar AV. A review of mouth dissolving tablet technologies. Pharm Tech 2003; 27(11): 92-98.
17. Mizumoto T, Masuda Y and Fukui M. Intrabuccally dissolving compressed moldings and production process thereof. US Patent 1996; No. 5576014.
18. Nail SL and Gatlin LA. Freeze Drying: Principles and Practice, Parenteral Medications, in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. 2nd ed. Vol. 2. Marcel Dekker, New York; 1993: 163.
19. Kuchekar BS, Badhan CA and Mahajan HS. Mouth dissolving tablets: A novel drug delivery system. Pharma Times 2003; 35: 7-10.
20. Yarwood RJ, Kearny P and Thomson AR. Process for preparing solid pharmaceutical dosage forms. US Patent 1998; No. 5738875.
21. Patel BP. Fast dissolving drug delivery systems: An update. pharmainfo.net.
22. Bi Y, Sunanda H, Yonezawa Y, Danjo K and Lido K. Preparation and evaluation of a compressed tablet rapidly disintegrating in oral cavity. Chem Pharm Bull 1996; 44(11): 2121-2127.
23. Watanabe Y, Koizumi K, Zama Y, Kiriyama M, Mastumoto Y and Mastumoto M. New compressed tablet rapidly disintegrating in saliva in the mouth using crystalline cellulose and a disintegrant. Bio Pharm Bull 1995; 18(9): 1308.
24. Panigrahi D, Baghel S and Mishra B. Mouth dissolving tablets: An overview of preparation techniques, evaluation and patented technologies. J Pharm Res 2005; 4(3): 35-38.
25. Dr. Amin FA, Shah T, Bhadani M and Patel M. Emerging trends in development of orally disintegrating tablet technology. pharminfo.net.
26. Kaushik D, Dureja H and Saini TR. Mouth dissolving tablets: A Review. Indian Drugs 2004; 41(4): 187-192.
27. Gole DJ, Levinson RS and Carbone J. Preparation of pharmaceutical and other matrix systems by solid state dissolution. US Patent 1993; No. 5215756.
28. Shangraw R, Mitrevej A and Shah M. A new era of tablet disintegrants. Pharm Technol 1980; 4(10): 49‐57.
29. Dobeti L. Fast disintegrating tablets. PCT Patent 1999; No. 44580 Ai.
30. Acosta C, Tabare R, and Quali A. Fast‐melt tablet and method of making same. US Patent 1998; No. 5807.
31. Bhowmik D, Chiranjib B, Krishnakanth, Pankaj, Chandria RM: Fast dissolving tablets: An overview. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research 2009; 01(01): 163-177.
32. Deshpande KB, Ganesh NS. Orodispersible tablets: An overview of formulation and technology. International Journal of Pharma and Bio sciences 2011; 02(01): 726-734.
33. Fu Y, Yang S, Jeong HS, Kimura S, Park K: Orally fast disintegrating tablets: Developments, Technologies, Taste-Masking and Clinical Studies. Critical Reviews TM in Therapeutic Drug Carrier Systems 2004; 21(6): 433-475.
34. Manivannan R: Oral disintegrating tablets: A future compaction. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development. 2009; 01(10): 1-10.
35. Pawar PB, Mansuk AG, Ramteke KH, Sharma YP, Patil SN. Mouth dissolving tablet: Areview. International Journal of Herbal Drug Research 2011; 01(02): 22-29.
36. Reddy LH, Ghosh B, Rajneesh. Fast dissolving drug delivery systems: A review of the literature. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2002; 64(4): 331-336.
37. Shaik Harun Rasheed, Mulla Arief, Silpa Rani Gajavalli, P Sandhya Vani, K Srinivasa Rao, Swaroop Kumar, Tirupathi Rao, Sk Shahul Hussain, A Comparison of different superdisintegrants in designing of fast dissolving tablets of salbutamol sulphate, Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences April – June 2011 Volume 2 Issue 2, 155- 163.
38. Mukesh, P.R Atnaparkhi, G.P. Mohant, Lokesh Upadhyay Fast Dissolving Tablet Journal of Pharmacy Research Vol.2.Issue 1. January 2009, 5-12.
39. Basawaraj S Patil, Upendra Kulkarni, Parik Bhavik, Srinivas R Soodam, Prakash G Korwar, Formulation and evaluation of mouth dissolving tablets of nimesulide by new coprocessed technique Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Copyright © Pharmacorp Publishers. All Rights Reserved 30 Biological and Chemical Sciences ISSN: 0975-8585, 587-592.
40. Shailendra Kumar Singh, Dina Nathmishra, Rishabjassal, Pankajsoni. Fast disintegrating combination tablets of omeprazole and domperidone. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical research Vol.2 issue 3, July-September 2009, 1-9.
41. Mohanachandran. P.R., Krishnamohan. P.R., Felssaju, Bini. K.B, Beenubabu, Shalinak.K. Formulation and evaluation of mouth dispersible tablets of amlodipine, International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics Vol 2, Issue 3, 2010.
42. Hindustan Abdul Ahad, Chitta Suresh Kumar, Kishore Kumar Reddy B, Anil Kumar B, Chandra Sekhar A, Sushma K, Sairam T, Sivaji S, A Novel Technique in Formulation and Evaluation of Mouth Dissolving Nimesulide Tablets, Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Research 2010, 1(2), 101-107.
43. Bhupendra G. Prajapati, and Satish N. Patel formulation, evaluation and optimization of orally disintegrating tablet of cinnarizine e-Journal of Science & Technology, 9-21.
44. Anil Kumar Sahadev, Somya Purwa. Process involve in the formation of novel drug delivery system. Asian J. Res. Pharma. Sci.2018; 8(4): 203-209.
45. Smita Kolhe, Dhanjay More Updated Review on Orally Disintegrating Tablet: Advancement In Current Trends Asian. J. Pharm. Tech.3(2) April-June. 2013; page No 45-51
46. Smita Kolhe, Dhanjay More Updated Review on Orally Disintegrating Tablet: Advancement in Current Trends Asian. J. Pharm. Tech.2013; Vol; Issue 3 page 125-131
47. Amol Lende, Dharmendra Mundhada, Rajesh Mujoriya. formulation development and evalution of mouth dissolving tablet of anti allergic drug Asian. J. Pharm. Tech.2015; vol 5 issue 2 pg 59-65
48. Anju Govind, Munjuatha B Menden, Ravikumar, Simila, Mercy, Narayna Swami VB. Formulation and evalution of mouth dissolving tablet Asian. J. Pharm. Tech. 2016; 6(2); 91-98