This artical also discusses about demostration of fluidized bed dryer with principle and application and other processing. This has lead to development of thechnology, process and equipments which not only reduce time but also increasing the output. A Fluidized bed dryer significantely reduce drying time, compared with vaccum dryer or tray dryer. In the pharmacutical industry, fluidized bed dryer are typically used for pellets drying, coating and granulation. Fluidized bed drying are very well known to yield high heat and mass transfer and hence adopted to many industrial drying process particularly pharmacy product. In this paper we show construction, working of the fluidized bed dryer. It work on the drying principle. It has several advantages and disadvantages.
Cite this article:
Akash H. Mali, Aditya R. Nikam, Azam Z. Shaikh. A Short Review on Fluidized Bed Dryer. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(2):104-5. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00020
Akash H. Mali, Aditya R. Nikam, Azam Z. Shaikh. A Short Review on Fluidized Bed Dryer. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(2):104-5. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00020 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-2-6
1. Soponronnarit, S.; Pongtornkulpanich, A.; Prachayawarakorn, S. Drying characteristics of corn in fluidized bed dryer. Drying Technology 1997, 15(5), 1603–1615.
2. Sarker, M.S.H.; Ibrahim, M.N.; Abdul Aziz, N.; Punan, M.S. Energy and exergy analysis of industrial fluidized bed drying of paddy. Energy 2015, 84, 131–138.
3. Kunii D and Levenspiel O 1991 Fluidization Engineering 2nd Ed. (Butterworth-Heinemann London) p 1-92
4. Perry R H, Green D W and Maloney J O 1997 Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook (New York: McGraw-Hill)
5. Tatemoto, Y.; Mizukoshi, R.; Ehara, W.; Ishikawa, E. Drying characteristics of food materials injected with organic solvents in a fluidized bed of inert particles under reduced pressure. Journal of Food Engineering 2015, 158, 80–85.
6. Srinivas, G.; Pydi Setty, Y. Drying behavior of uniform and binary mixture of solids in a batch fluidized bed dryer. Powder Technology 2013, 241, 181–187.
7. Hematian, S.; Hormozi, F. Drying kinetics of coated sodium percarbonate particles in a conical fluidized bed dryer. Powder Technology 2015, 269, 30–37.
8. Wan Daud, W.R. Fluidized bed dryers—Recent advances. Advanced Powder Technology 2008, 19(5), 403–418.
9. Heigl, N.; Koller, D.M.; Glasser, B.J.; Muzzio, F.J.; Khinast, J.G. Quantitative on-line vs. off-line nir analysis of fluidized bed drying with consideration of the spectral background. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics 2013, 85(3, Pt B), 1064–1074.
10. Türker, M.; Kanarya, A.; Yüzgeç, U.; Kapucu, H.; Şenalp, Z. Drying of baker’s yeast in batch fluidized bed. Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification 2006, 45(12), 1019–1028.
11. Ozahi, E.; Hacımurat, D. A model for the thermodynamic analysis in a batch type fluidized bed. Energy 2013, 59, 617–624.
12. Pharmaceutical process engineering, Anthony j. Hickey, David gander ton, volume 112, page no. 101-102.
13. Pharmaceutical process engineering, Anthony J. Hickey, David gander ton, volume 195, second edition page no 79-80.