Priyanka Kusarkar, Mayuri Kupkar, Trupti Dudhgaonkar
Priyanka Kusarkar1*, Mayuri Kupkar2, Trupti Dudhgaonkar3
1Student, Rajarambapu College of Pharmacy, Kasegaon, Dist – Sangli, (M.S.) 415404, India.
2Student, Rajarambapu College of Pharmacy, Kasegaon, Dist – Sangli, (M.S.) 415404, India.
3Assistant Professor, Rajarambapu College of Pharmacy, Kasegaon, Dist – Sangli, (M.S.) 415404, India.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
This research is based on the superiority of Herbal Hand Sanitizer using Azadirachta Indica, Ocimum Tenuiflorum, Mentha Pipereta, Aloe vera, Rose water and camphor and Herbal Handwash using Reetha, Ocimum Tenuiflorum, aloe vera and rose water. Majorly this research has focused on Hand Hygiene. Since hands are the primary mode of transmission of various disease causing germs. With the help of proper methods of washing hands and sanitization during daily lifestyle as well as during Patient care can inhibit or reduce the chances of infection. Goal of this research is to prepare environment friendly biodegradable Herbal Hand sanitizer and Herbal Handwash which shows effective antibacterial and are inexpensive.
Cite this article:
Priyanka Kusarkar, Mayuri Kupkar, Trupti Dudhgaonkar. A Study on Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Hand Sanitizer and Herbal Handwash. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2022; 12(3):199-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2022.00032
Priyanka Kusarkar, Mayuri Kupkar, Trupti Dudhgaonkar. A Study on Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Hand Sanitizer and Herbal Handwash. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2022; 12(3):199-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2022.00032 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-3-3
1. Ritik. S. Jain, Tejas. G. Jain, Shweta. S. Gavit, Neha. S. Patil, Rupali. B. Takare. Natural Hand Sanitizer: Effective Product. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2020; 12(4):199-200.
2. Jerusha Santa Packyanathan, Muralidharan. N. P. Comparison of the Antimicrobial effect of Ethanolic Hand Sanitizers and other Hand Disinfection Methods in Hospitals. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2019; 12(1): 16-20.
3. Sandeep DS, Narayana Charyulu R, Prashant Nayak, Aliss Maharjan, Indira Ghalan. Formulations of Antimicrobial Polyherbal Handwash. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2016; 9(7):864-866.
4. Zeeshan Afsar, Salma Khanam. Formulation and evaluation of poly herbal soap and hand sanitizer. Int. Res. J. Pharm. 2016;7(8):54-57.
5. Powar P. V, Bhandari N.R, Arya Ashwini, Sharma P.H.; Formulation and Evaluation of Poly Herbal Anti-Bacterial Gel Based Handwash; Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 33(1), 2015; 16, 79-82.
6. Nandkishor S. Wani et al. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Sanitizer; Int. J. Pharm Tech Res.2013,5(1)
7. Ravi K, Pratibha MD and Kolhapure SA, Evaluation of the antimicrobial efficacy and safety of Pure Hands as a hand sanitizer: Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, 15(10) (2005) 19-27.
8. Surini, S., Amirtha, N. I., and Lestari, D. C. (2018). Formulation and effectiveness of a hand sanitizer gel produced using salam bark extract. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics, 216-220.
9. Kokate CK, Purohit AP, Gokhale SB. “Textbook of Pharmacognosy”. 50th edition Pune: Nirali Prakashan. 2014: 52-56.
10. Minakshi G Joshi, D V Kamat, S D Kamat. Evaluation of herbal Handwash es formulation. Journal of Natural product radiance. 2008; 7(5): 423-25.
11. Firdous Shaikh, Priyanka Bhosale, Snehal More, Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Hand Sanitizer Using Psidium guajava Leaves Extract; Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 62(2), 2020; 07, 37-39.
12. Rathod S, Mali S, Shinde N, Aloorkar N. Cosmeceuticals and Beauty Care Products: Current trends with future prospects. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2020; 11(1):45-51.
13. Divya Ranjan Pallai, Chandrashekar. K. S, Deepashree Nayak, Afsira Banu, Praveen Kumar, Vasudev Pai, Aswatha Ram H.N, Rohit Raj. Development and evaluation of Herbal hand wash with Neem Alcoholic Extract. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):308-310.
14. Harpreet Kaur, Jasbir Kaur. Hand Hygiene Practices among Staff Nurses during Drug Administration at Selected Tertiary Health Care Centre of Ludhiana, Punjab. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 5(2): April-June 2015; Page199-201.
15. Kavitha. T. A Study to assess the Knowledge regarding Hand Hygiene among Staff Nurse in Wockhardt Hospital Rajkot, Gujarat State. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2018; 8(3):333-334.
16. Mayur N. Ghotkar, Shubham S. Kharade, Rushikesh S. Chavan, Ranjit S. Jadhav, Nisha M. Jagtap, Ganesh B. Vambhurkar. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Facewash for Acne. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2018; 8(4): 183-185.
17. Patel D.S., Shah P. B., Managoli N. B.. Evaluation of In-vitro Anti-oxidant and Free Radical Scavenging activities of Withania somnifera and Aloe vera. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2(4): Oct. - Dec. 2012; Page 143-147.
18. S.K. Purohit, R. Solanki, R. Soni, V. Mathur. Evaluation of Wound Healing Activity of Ethanolic Extract of Azadirachta indica Leaves in Male Albino Rats. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 3(2): April-June. 2013; Page 73-75.
19. N. Namratha, Monica P.V... Synthesis of silver Nanoparticles using Azadirachta indica (Neem) extract and usage in water purification. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2013; Vol. 3: Issue 4, Pg 170-174.
20. P. Deepa Rani, S. Selvaraj. Influence of Ocimum tenuiflorum Extract on Mild Steel in Acid Environment. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(2): February 2011; Page 211-216.