As the world scrambles to find a cure for COVID-19, Medical research network around the world is trying to find out treatment against the novel corona virus infection. In this pandemic condition there is a need for herbal remedies to boost the innate and acquired immunity to fight against corona virus. There are other certain ways to boost the “Immune System” such as active lifestyle, healthy diet, physical exercise, relaxation and sound sleep. Home remedies can be played a vital role as immunity modulator. Ayurveda treatises have described several herbal drugs which are used as different home remedies and are assume to be effective in COVID-19 therapeutics and immunity modulator as a preventive solution. That’s why in this present study, an challenge is made to review such herbal drugs and identify its immune modulator effect against corona virus. Tulsi, Ginger, Clove, Dalchini, Turmeric, Garlic, Marich are most effective herbal drugs used as a home remedies to improve the immunity level naturally with speedy recovery in COVID-19 cases.
Cite this article:
Dhanashri Aware, Sachin Rohane. A Role of Herbal Drug as an Immunity Booster during Covid-19 Pandemic. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):206-1. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00037
Dhanashri Aware, Sachin Rohane. A Role of Herbal Drug as an Immunity Booster during Covid-19 Pandemic. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):206-1. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00037 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-3-11
1. Johnson O. Oladele A, Ebenezer I. Ajayi B. C, Oyedotun M. Oyeleke A, Oluwaseun T. Oladele D, Boyede D. Olowookere a, Boluwaji M. Adeniyi E, Olu I. Oyewole D, Adenike T. Oladiji, A systematic review on COVID-19 pandemic with special emphasis on curative potentials of Nigeria based medicinal plants, Heliyon 6, 2020.
2. Yicheng Yang, Zhiqiang Xiao, Kaiyan Ye, Xiaoen He, Bo Sun, Zhiran Qin, Jianghai Yu, Jinxiu Yao, Qinghua Wu, Zhang Bao , SARS-CoV-2: characteristics and current advances in research, Yang et al. Virology Journal (2020) 17: 117 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12985-020-01369-z
3. Tarik Asselah, David Durantel, Eric Pasmant, George Lau, Raymond F. Schinazi, COVID-19: Discovery, diagnostics and drug development, Journal of Hepatology 2020.
4. To Sing Fung and Ding Xiang Liu, Human Coronavirus: Host- Pathogen Interaction, Annual Review of Microbiology 2019, https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-micro-020518-115759
5. Muhammad Adnan Shereen, Suliman Khan, Abeer Kazmi, Nadia Bashir, Rabeea Siddique, COVID-19 infection: Emergence, transmission, and characteristics of human coronaviruses, Journal of Advanced Research 2020.
6. Krishna Mohan Agarwal, Swati Mohapatra, Prairit Sharma, Shreya Sharma, Dinesh Bhatia, Animesh Mishra, Study and overview of the novel corona viral disease (COVID- 19), Sensors International 1, 2020; www.keaipublishiing.com/en/journals/sensors-international.
7. Archana R Varadharaju B, The Corona care-prevention is better than cure, https://doi.org/10.26452/ijrps.v11iSPL1.2224.
8. Richard Warrington, Wade Watson, Harold L Kim, Francesca Romana Antonetti, An introduction to immunology and immunopathology; Allergy, Asthma and clinical immunology 2011, http://www,aacijournal.com/content/7/S1/S1.
9. Sumit Das, Ripunjoy Bordoloi, Nishant Newar, AReview on Immune Modulatory Effect of Some Traditional Medicinal Herbs, Journal of pharmaceutical, chemical and Biological sciences 2014; page no 33-42; http://www.jpcbs.info
10. Saikat Sen, Raja Chakraborty; Revival, modernization and integration of Indian Traditional herbal medicine in clinical practice: Importance, challenges and future, Journal of Traditional and complementary Medicine 7(2017) 234-244
11. Syal Kumar, MD Gustav j. Dobos, MD, and Thomas Rampp, MD, The Significance of Ayurvedic Medicinal Plants, Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2017, vol. 22(3) 494-501
12. Shankar Gautam, Arun Gautam, Sahanshila Chhetri, Urza Bhattarai, Immunity against COVID-19: Potential role of Ayush kwath. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, http://elsevier.com/locate/jaim
13. Debjit Bhowmik, K.P. Sampath Kumar, Akhilesh Yadav, Shweta Srivastava, Shravan Paswan, Amit Sankar Dutta. Recent Trends in Indian Traditional Herbs Syzygium aromaticum and its Health Benefits. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2012, vol. 1; page 13-22
14. Rohane S.H., Makwana A.G., 2017. A Review on Hydrazone, the fascinating field of investigation in medicinal chemistry. Asian J. Res. Chem. 10, 417-30.
15. Rohane S.H., Makwana A.G., 2019. In silico study for the prediction of multiple pharmacological activities of novel hydrazone derivatives. Ind J. Chem. Sec-B. 58, 387-402.
16. Rohane S.H., Makwana A.G., 2020. Synthesis and in vitro antimycobacterial potential of novel hydrazones of eugenol. Arab J. Chem. 13, 4495–4504.
17. Anant Patil, Mrunmayi S. Kakde, Medicinal plant as a natural immunity booster for COVID19- A review; Indian J of Integr Med. 2020; 2(2): 24-27.
18. Pasupuleti Visweswara Rao and Siew Hua Gan; Cinnamon: A Multifaceted Medicinal Plant; Evidence- based Complementary and Alternative medicine; Hindawi 2014; http://doi.org/10.1155/2014/642942.
19. Michele Catanzaro, Emanuela Corsini, Michela Rosini, Marco Racchi and Cristina Lanni; Immunomodulators Inspired by Nature: A Review on Curcumin and Echinacea; Molecules 2018; www.mdpi.com/journal/molecules.
20. Hamid Nasri, Najmeh Sahinfard, Mortaza Rafieian, Samira Rafiei an, Maryam Shirzad; Turmeric: A Spice with multifunctional medicinal properties; Journal of HerbMed Pharmacology 2014; 3(1): 5-8
21. Shridevi Adaki, Raghavendra Adaki, Kaushal Shah, Amol Karagir; Garlic: Review of literature; Indian Journal of Cancer 2014; volume 51; page: 577-581
22. Sethi Neeraj, Kaura Sushila, Dilbaghi Neeraj, Parle Milind and Pal Minakshi; garlic: a pungent wonder from nature; international Research Journal of Pharmacy 2014,5(7) www.irjponline.com