It has become known that COVID-19 is transmitted human-to-human through respiratory droplets by coughing or sneezing. It can also occur through contact with surfaces in the immediate vicinity, or with objects used by a person with COVID-19. The best way to protect from the COVID-19 is to stay home to decrease the risk of transmission. Even if the exhibition no symptoms, the human may still be a carrier of the coronavirus. The CDC reported that it is unknown whether the virus can spread through vomit, urine, and breast milk.
Cite this article:
Ali Adel dawood. Should we worry that the COVID-19 could be transmitted with the semen?. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(4):319-320. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2020.00054.4
1. Li, D., Jin, M., Bao, P., Zhao, W., and Zhang, S. Clinical Characteristics and Results of Semen Tests Among Men With Coronavirus Disease 2019. JAMA Network Open. (2020); 3(5):e208292. Doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2020.8292.
2. Kelland, K. Sperm containing virus raises small risk of COVID-19 spread via sex: study. Reuters. (2020). https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-semen/.
3. Walker, M. COVID-19 Found in Semen -- What Does That Mean?. MedPage Today, (2020), https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/8636.
4. Rana, P. Coronavirus Is Found in Semen of Covid-19 Patients. WSJ, (2020), https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-is-found-in-semen-of-covid-19-patients- 11588863600.
5. Riggall, L. Coronavirus detected in semen of recovering COVID-19 patients. BioNews. (2020), https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_149541.
6. Sternlicht, A. Coronavirus Found In Semen: Can It Be Sexually Transmitted?. Forbes. (2020), https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/05/10/coronavirus-found-in- semen-can-it-be-sexually-transmitted/#33e96d826373.
7. Hafi, B., Uvais, N., Jafferany, M., and Afra, T., and Ramzi, T. Can COVID-19 virus be transmitted through sex?. Dermatologic Therapy. (2020), DOI: 10.1111/dth.13679.
8. Shapiro, N. Should We Worry That COVID-19 Coronavirus Is Sexually Transmitted?. Forbes. (2020), https://www.forbes.com/sites/ninashapiro/2020/05/10/.