Hindustan Abdul Ahad, Chinthaginjala Haranath, Ksheerasagare Tarun, Jyothi Vinay Krishna, Nichenametla Chandana, Boya Indrani
Hindustan Abdul Ahad*, Chinthaginjala Haranath, Ksheerasagare Tarun, Jyothi Vinay Krishna, Nichenametla Chandana, Boya Indrani
Department of Industrial Pharmacy, Raghavendra Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (RIPER)-Autonomous, Ananthapuramu – 515721, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
The immune framework is one of nature's most entrancing creations. It is an astonishing assurance system intended to protect us against many microorganisms, infections, organisms, poisons and parasites. The immune framework is intricate. It is comprised of a few sorts of cells and proteins that have various tasks to take care of in battling against unfamiliar trespassers. On the off chance that the immune framework is working appropriately, we are shielded from perils brought about by organisms. If not, we endure disorder and illness. It is conceivable to intercede in this cycle and make our immune framework more grounded utilizing immune sponsors. Immune supporters work from various perspectives. They increment the number of white platelets in the immune framework armed force, train them to battle against microorganisms causing illnesses. This audit article gives a general view about some significant way of life and food propensities that support resistance.
Cite this article:
Hindustan Abdul Ahad, Chinthaginjala Haranath, Ksheerasagare Tarun, Jyothi Vinay Krishna, Nichenametla Chandana, Boya Indrani. Immuno-Boosters as Health Accelerants to Tackle Viral Infections. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):212-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00038
Hindustan Abdul Ahad, Chinthaginjala Haranath, Ksheerasagare Tarun, Jyothi Vinay Krishna, Nichenametla Chandana, Boya Indrani. Immuno-Boosters as Health Accelerants to Tackle Viral Infections. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):212-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00038 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-3-12
1. Mukhopadhyay S, Gordon S. The role of scavenger receptors in pathogen recognition and innate immunity. Immunobiology. 2004 Aug 23; 209(1-2): 39-49.
2. Oloke JK. Immunomodulating properties of Trino IB immunobooster. African Journal of Biotechnology. 2008; 7(14).
3. Feleszko W, Ruszczyński M, Zalewski BM. Non-specific immune stimulation in respiratory tract infections. Separating the wheat from the chaff. Paediatric respiratory reviews. 2014 Jun 1; 15(2): 200-6.
4. Simons T, McNeil C, Pham VD, Wang S, Wang Y, Slupsky C, Guinard JX. Chemical and sensory analysis of commercial Navel oranges in California. NPJ science of food. 2019 Oct 30;3(1):1-1.
5. Hsouna AB, Halima NB, Smaoui S, Hamdi N. Citrus lemon essential oil: Chemical composition, antioxidant and antimicrobial activities with its preservative effect against Listeria monocytogenes inoculated in minced beef meat. Lipids in health and disease. 2017 Dec; 16(1): 1-1.
6. Deng W, Liu K, Cao S, Sun J, Zhong B, Chun J. Chemical composition, antimicrobial, antioxidant, and antiproliferative properties of grapefruit essential oil prepared by molecular distillation. Molecules. 2020 Jan; 25(1): 217.
7. Mehari ZH, Elad Y, Rav-David D, Graber ER, Harel YM. Induced systemic resistance in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) against Botrytis cinerea by biochar amendment involves jasmonic acid signaling. Plant and Soil. 2015 Oct; 395(1): 31-44.
8. El-hawary SS, Taha KF, Abdel-Monem AR, Kirillos FN, Mohamed AA. Chemical composition and biological activities of peels and leaves essential oils of four cultivars of Citrus deliciosa var. tangarina. American Journal of Essential Oils and Natural Products. 2013; 1(2): 1-6.
9. Prasad S, Tyagi AK. Ginger and its constituents: role in prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal cancer. Gastroenterology research and practice. 2015 Jan 1; 2015.
10. Shang A, Cao SY, Xu XY, Gan RY, Tang GY, Corke H, Mavumengwana V, Li HB. Bioactive compounds and biological functions of garlic (Allium sativum L.). Foods. 2019 Jul;8(7):246.
11. Jain V, Prasad V, Pal R, Singh S. Standardization and stability studies of neuroprotective lipid soluble fraction obtained from Curcuma longa. Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis. 2007 Sep 3;44(5): 1079-86.
12. Barzegar M, Erfani F, Jabbari A, Hassandokht MR. Chemical Composition Of 15 Spinach (Spinacea Oleracea L.) Cultivars Grown in Iran. Italian Journal of Food Science. 2007 Jul 1; 19(3).
13. Asibuo JY, Akromah R, Safo-Kantanka O, Adu-Dapaah HK, Ohemeng-Dapaah S, Agyeman A. Chemical composition of groundnut, Arachis hypogaea (L) landraces. African Journal of Biotechnology. 2008; 7(13).
14. Vyas SJ, Khatri TT, Ram VR, Dave PN, Joshi HS. Biochemical constituents in leaf of Carica papaya-Ethnomedicinal plant of Kachchh region. International Letters of Natural Sciences. 2014;7.
15. Rennard BO, Ertl RF, Gossman GL, Robbins RA, Rennard SI. Chicken soup inhibits neutrophil chemotaxis in vitro. Chest. 2000 Oct 1; 118(4): 1150-7.
16. Padilla-Camberos E, Martínez-Velázquez M, Flores-Fernández JM, Villanueva-Rodríguez S. Acute toxicity and genotoxic activity of avocado seed extract (Persea americana Mill., cv Hass). The Scientific World Journal. 2013 Jan 1; 2013.
17. Wani BA, Bodha RH, Wani AH. Nutritional and medicinal importance of mushrooms. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research. 2010 Dec 18;4(24): 2598-604.
18. Mattila P, Salo-Väänänen P, Könkö K, Aro H, Jalava T. Basic composition and amino acid contents of mushrooms cultivated in Finland. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2002 Oct 23; 50(22): 6419-22.
19. Reto M, Figueira ME, Filipe HM, Almeida CM. Chemical composition of green tea (Camellia sinensis) infusions commercialized in Portugal. Plant foods for human nutrition. 2007 Dec 1; 62(4): 139.
20. Bansal S, Syan N, Mathur P, Choudhary S. Pharmacological profile of green tea and its polyphenols: a review. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 2012 Nov; 21(11): 3347-60.
21. Krawitz C, Mraheil MA, Stein M, Imirzalioglu C, Domann E, Pleschka S, Hain T. Inhibitory activity of a standardized elderberry liquid extract against clinically-relevant human respiratory bacterial pathogens and influenza A and B viruses. BMC complementary and alternative medicine. 2011 Dec; 11(1): 1-6.
22. Lu JM, Yao Q, Chen C. Ginseng compounds: an update on their molecular mechanisms and medical applications. Current vascular pharmacology. 2009 Jul 1;7(3): 293-302.
23. Michalska A, Łysiak G. Bioactive compounds of blueberries: post-harvest factors influencing the nutritional value of products. International journal of molecular sciences. 2015 Aug;16(8): 18642-63.
24. Colombo SM, Mazal X. Investigation of the nutritional composition of different types of salmon available to Canadian consumers. Journal of Agriculture and Food Research. 2020 Dec 1; 2: 100056.
25. Mendoza-Wilson AM, Castro-Arredondo SI, Espinosa-Plascencia A, del Refugio Robles-Burgueño M, Balandrán-Quintana RR, del Carmen Bermúdez-Almada M. Chemical composition and antioxidant-prooxidant potential of a polyphenolic extract and a proanthocyanidin-rich fraction of apple skin. Heliyon. 2016 Feb 1;2(2): e00073.
26. Odunlade TV, Famuwagun AA, Taiwo KA, Gbadamosi SO, Oyedele DJ, Adebooye OC. Chemical composition and quality characteristics of wheat bread supplemented with leafy vegetable powders. Journal of Food Quality. 2017 Jan 1; 2017.
27. Sharifi‐Rad J, Ezzat SM, El Bishbishy MH, Mnayer D, Sharopov F, Kılıç CS, Neagu M, Constantin C, Sharifi‐Rad M, Atanassova M, Nicola S. Rosmarinus plants: Key farm concepts towards food applications. Phytotherapy Research. 2020 Jul;34(7): 1474-518.
28. Özcan MM, Chalchat JC. Chemical composition and antifungal effect of anise (Pimpinella anisum L.) fruit oil at ripening stage. Annals of Microbiology. 2006 Dec; 56(4): 353-8.
29. Farid A, Kamel D, Abdelwahab Montaser S, Mohamed Ahmed M, El Amir M, El Amir A. Assessment of antioxidant, immune enhancement, and antimutagenic efficacy of fennel seed extracts in irradiated human blood cultures. Journal of Radiation Research and Applied Sciences. 2020 Jan 1;13(1): 260-6.
30. Panchal P, Parvez N. Phytochemical analysis of medicinal herb (Ocimum sanctum). International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine. 2019 Jul 22;5(2): 008-11.
31. Rao PV, Gan SH. Cinnamon: a multifaceted medicinal plant. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2014 Oct; 2014.
32. Salama ZA, Aboul-Enein AM, Gaafar AA, Abou-Elella F, Aly HF, Asker MS, Ahmed HA. Active constituents of Kiwi (Actinidia Deliciosa Planch) peels and their biological activities as antioxidant, antimicrobial and anticancer. Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment. 2018; 22(9): 52-9.