In December 2019, severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus-2, a novel coronavirus, initiated an outbreak of pneumonia from Wuhan in China, which rapidly spread worldwide. The outbreak was declared as “a public health emergency of international concern” by the WHO on January 30, 2020, and as a pandemic on March 11, 2020. The disease is transmitted by inhalation or contact with infected droplets and the incubation period ranges from 2 to 14 d. The symptoms are usually fever, cough, sore throat, breathlessness, fatigue, malaise among others. The disease is mild in most people; in some (usually the elderly and those with comorbidities), it may progress to pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and multi organ dysfunction. Many people are asymptomatic. The virus spreads faster than its two ancestors the SARS-CoV and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), but has lower fatality.
Cite this article:
Subhashis Debnath, Runa Chakravorty, Donita Devi. COVID 19 and its management. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(2):117-1. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00022
Subhashis Debnath, Runa Chakravorty, Donita Devi. COVID 19 and its management. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(2):117-1. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00022 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-2-8
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Update: Outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome--worldwide, 2003. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2003; 52(12): 241-6.
2. Buchholz U, Müller MA, Nitsche A, Sanewski A, Wevering N, Bauer-Balci T, et al. Contact investigation of a case of human novel coronavirus infection treated in a German hospital, October-November 2012. Euro Surveill. 2013; 18: 20406.
3. Woo PC, Lau SK, Huang Y, Yuen KY. Coronavirus diversity, phylogeny and interspecies jumping. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009; 234: 1117–27.
4. Atul Sharma, Keerthi Mohanan. Obstacles Faced by Nurses working in Covid-19 Unit: A Developing Country view Point. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4): 459-462.
5. B. V. Naresh. A Review of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(3): 233-238.
6. Vaishnavi. K. Patil, Azam. Z. Shaikh. Corona (Covid - 19). Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(4): 275-285.
7. Emy Jancy Rani J. Alcohol and Covid – 19. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2020; 8(4): 341-344.
8. Rashmi P, Sunitha P S, Puruhit Saraswathi, Vidya M. Respiratory Hygiene in Covid 19. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2020; 8(4): 345-346.
9. Vishwanath Biradar, Prerana Dalvi. Impact of COVID19 on Child Health: Parents Perspective. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4): 463-467.
10. Subhashis Debnath, Runa Chakravorty, Donita Devi. A Review on Role of Medicinal plants in Immune system. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2020; 10(4): 273-277.
11. Akshay R. Yadav, Shrinivas K. Mohite. A Novel Approach for Treatment of COVID-19 with Convalescent Plasma. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2020; 12(3): 227-230.
12. Samir Derouiche. Current Review on Herbal Pharmaceutical improve immune responses against COVID-19 infection. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2020; 12(3): 181-184.