The present work was focused on the development and validation of reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC) method which is simple, rapid, precise, accurate, sensitive, economical, and stability-indicating for the quantification of clopidogrel bisulfate in bulk and tablet formulation. The separation was attained on reversed-phase Princeton (C18) column with dimensions (250×4.6mm, 5µ) employing buffer which is a mixture of water (pH 3.0, adjusted with orthophosphoric acid) and methanol in the ratio (20:80) v/v as mobile phase, at flow rate 1.0ml/min. and detection was carried out at wavelength 240nm. The retention time under the optimized condition of clopidogrel bisulfate was found to be 4.388 minutes respectively. The linearity of the method was demonstrated in the concentration range of 45-120µg/ml for clopidogrel bisulfate with a correlation coefficient (r2) of 0.9996 respectively. The percentage relative standard deviation was ?2% and percentage recovery was found to be 99.72-101.09% for clopidogrel bisulfate respectively. Assay of marketed tablet formulations was found to be 99.92% respectively. The developed RP-HPLC method was found to be simple, specific, sensitive, rapid, linear, accurate, precise, and economical, and could be used for regular quality control of clopidogrel bisulfate in bulk and tablet formulations.
Cite this article:
Awdhut D. Pimpale, Rajendra B. Kakde. Stability-Indicating Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Clopidogrel Bisulfate in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by Reverse-Phase High-Performance Liquid Chromatography. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(4):253-259. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2020.00044.1
2. The United States Pharmacopeia 29; National Formulary 24, U. S. Pharmacopeal Convention 2007; 796.
3. Savani P, Chauhan S, Jain V, Raj H, Patel S. Development and Validation of Analytical Method for Clopidogrel Bisulphate and Irbesartan by Simultaneous Equation Spectroscopic Method. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2016; 6(2): 102-108.
4. Patel RA, Patel MP, Raj HA, Shah N. Development and Validation of a Stability Indicating High Performance Liquid Chromatography Method for Olmesartan Medoxomil and Indapamide in Tablet. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2015; 5(2): 91-102.
5. Patil SD, Varpe P, Chaure S, Bhalerao SB, Kshirsagar S. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography Method for Piracetam. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences.2017; 7(4):215-221.
6. Kathirvel S, Raju R, Seethadevi B, Suneetha A, Pavani J. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for the Determination of Process Related Impurities in Posaconazole API. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology.2014; 4(4):167-178.
7. Kategaonkar AH, Patel DM, Itkar BP, Choudhari VP, Kuchekar BS, Nikalje AG. Spectrophotometric and Stability Indicating RP-HPLC-PDA Method for Simultaneous Determination of Finasteride and Tamsulosin in Combined Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2009; 2(4): 414-419.
8. Ingole LR. Development of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Clemastine Fumarate and its Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2019; 11(2): 87-94.
9. Nanda RK, Kulkarni AA, Ranjane MN, Ranjane PN. A Stability Indicating HPTLC Method for Estimation of Nadifloxacin in Topical cream. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2010; 1(1): 25-29.
10. Patil SD, Amurutkar SV, Upasani CD. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Empagliflozin. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2016; 6(4): 201-206.
11. Patel YK, Noolvi MN, Raj H, Patel MP. Development and Validation of A Stability Indicating Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography Method for Estimation of Donepezil HCl from Bulk Drug. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2015;5(2): 96-101.
12. Karanam SR, SwarupaVRJ. Stability Indicating Analytical Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide in Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2016; 6(1): 7-14.
13. Doke P, Rao N. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Atorvastatin and Clopidogrel in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Medicinal Chemistry. 2018; 6(1): 6-13.
14. Yadav P, Taleuzzaman M, Kumar P. Simultaneous Estimation of Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium and Clopidogrel Bisulphate in a Combined Dosage form by RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Chemical Sciences. 2019; 6(4): 1-10.
15. ICH, Q1A, Stability Testing of New Drug Substances and Products, in: Proceedings of the International Conference on Harmonisation, Geneva, October, 1993.