Sandip A Telavane, Seema Kothari, Manohar V. Lokhande
Sandip A Telavane1, Seema Kothari1, Manohar V. Lokhande2*
1Department of Chemistry, PAHER University, Udaipur-313003, Rajasthan, India.
2Department of Chemistry, Sathaye College, Mumbai – 400057, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
Validation is important technique for detection, progress and estimation of drugs for pharmaceutical analysis. Aim of this article was to check the progress and validation of the method employed for the Residual Solvents in Bisoprolol Fumarate by Gas Chromatographic technique. The objective of this protocol is to validate a GC method of analysis for detection and Quantification of Residual Solvents Methanol, Acetone and Methylene dichloride in Bisoprolol Fumarate. In the pharmaceutical industry, validation policy is more important for documented of validation, types of validation and validation policy. The method was developed accurately and validation parameters are explained. Chromatographic condition was GC- 2014, gas chromatograph equipped with FID detector, column: 30 m x 0.32 mm ID x 1.8 µm DB - 624 capillary column or equivalent and column temperature was 45°C (hold 7 minutes) to 250°C @ 40°C/minutes, hold at 250°C for 3 minutes. The parameters such as Accuracy, Specificity, Precision, Linearity and Range, Limit of detection (LOD), Limit of quantitation (LOQ), ruggedness, robustness and system suitability testing with residual solvent such as Methanol, Acetone and methylene dichloride. All validation parameters are used in the routine and stability analysis.
Cite this article:
Sandip A Telavane, Seema Kothari, Manohar V. Lokhande. Method of Validation for Residual Solvents in Bisoprolol Fumarate by GC Technique. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):147-5. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00028
Sandip A Telavane, Seema Kothari, Manohar V. Lokhande. Method of Validation for Residual Solvents in Bisoprolol Fumarate by GC Technique. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):147-5. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00028 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-3-2
1. Yuji H, Takehiko S, Masakazu M. Pharmacokinetics and metabolism of bisoprolol enantiomers in humans. Journal of Pharmaceutical Science.,1998; 87 (3): 289–294.
2. Fischer J. Robin GC. Analogue-based Drug Discovery. John Wiley and Sons.2006.
3. Kumar S, Gandla T, Harika. RL. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Aceclofenac and Tramadol in Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Science.2015; 5(3):135-138.
4. Hauck RW, Schulz C, Emslander HP, Bohm M. Pharmacological actions of the selective and non-selective beta-adrenoceptor antagonists celiprolol, bisoprolol and propranolol on human bronchi. British Journal of Pharmacogenecy.1994; 113 (3):1043–1049.
5. Konishi M, Haraguchi G, Kimura S, Inagaki H, Kawabata M, Hachiya H. Comparative effects of carvedilol vs bisoprolol for severe congestive heart failure. Circulation Journal. 2010;74 (6): 1127–1134.
6. Phalguna Y, Noor J, Indraja N, Satheesh KG. Analytical Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Sacubitril and Valsartan in Combined Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms by RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Science. 2018; 8(1):09-16.
7. Audumbar DM, Bathe R, Tamboli A. Zero Order and Area under Curve Spectrophotometric Methods for Determination of Domperidone in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Technology. 2015;5(3):182-187.
8. Mounika PS, Kumar HT, Rao SY, Rao VPK. RP-HPLC Method for Quantification of Empagliflozin in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Technology. 2019; 9(3):208-211.
9. Ying L, Chang-Qin H. Preliminary identification and quantification of residual solvents in pharmaceuticals using the parallel dual column system. Journal of Chromatography- A. 2007; 1175(2): 259-266.
10. International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use. Draft Guidelines on Impurities: Guideline for Residual solvents. Q3C.2015.
11. Patel A, Dwivedi N, Kaurav N, Bashani S, Patel S, Sharma H.S. Chemical analysis of pharmaceuticals: a review. Journal of medicinal Pharmaceutical and innovation. 2016; 3:4-7.
12. Housheh S. Development of Rapid, Simple and Stability-Indicating Method for Determination of Azithromycin Using RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2017; 7(2): 55-59.
13. Lodhi B, Padamwar P, Patel A. Cleaning validation for the pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, cosmetic and nutraceuticals industries. Journal of Innovation and Pharmaceutical Biological Science. 2004; 1(1): 27-38.
14. Ayesha A, Ali A, Bahazeq, MD. Rehman M, Syed A, Juveria M. Development and Validation of Memantine Hydrochloride by RP-HPLC Method. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2019; 9(2): 69-74.
15. Ambadekar SR, Iyer BK, Lokhande MV. Validation of Pharmaceutical (API) Bulk Drug by HPLC Methods. Journal of Applicable Chemistry. 2018; 11(2):1-20.
16. International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, ICH, Guideline. Stability Testing: Photostability Testing of New Drug Substances and Products, Q1B. 1996.
17. Maurya CP, Lokhande MV. Characterization and validation of impurities related to pharmaceutical bulk drug (API) by using some analytical techniques. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research. 2017; 8(8): 3325-3340.
18. United States Pharmacopeia, Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Model Guidelines Source Information.2015.
19. Rathod NG, Lokhande MV. Development and Characterization of process related impurity in Hydralazine Hydrochloride by some analytical technique. Journal of Applicable Chemistry. 2014; 3 (5): 2011-2019.
20. Kasad PA, Muralikrishna KS. Area Under Curve Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Rivaroxaban in Bulk and Tablet Formulation and Its Validation. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Science. 2013; 3(3):109-113.
21. Patil SD, Varpe P, Chaure S, Bhalerao SB, Kshirsagar S. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Piracetam. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Science. 2017; 7(4):215-221.
22. Regueiro J, Wenzl T. Development and validation of a stable-isotope dilution liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the determination of bisphenols in ready-made meals. Journal of Chromatography- A.2014; 1414: 110 -121.
23. Kadam TV, Darekar AB, Gondkar SB, Saudagar RB. Development and Validation of Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Azelaic Acid. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Science.2015; 5(2):83-85.
24. Grodowska K, Parczewski A. Analytical methods for residual solvents determination in pharmaceutical products. Acta Pharmacy Drug Research. 2010; 67(1): 13-26.
25. Halima OA, Aneesh TP, Reshma G, Thomas NR. Development and validation of UV spectrophotometric method for the estimation of asenapine maleate in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. Der Pharma Chemistry. 2012;4(6): 644-649.
26. Armbruster DA, Pry T. Limit of blank, limit of detection and limit of quantitation. Clinical Biochemistry review. 2008; 29(Suppl 1): S49-S52.
27. Patel AR, Patel MP, Raj HA, Shah N. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating high performance liquid chromatographic Method for Olmesartan medoxomil and Indapamide in Tablet. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2015;5(1):15-23.
28. Armbruster DA, Tillman MD, Hubbs LM. Limit of detection (LOD)/limit of quantitation (LOQ): comparison of the empirical and the statistical methods exemplified with GC-MS assays of abused drugs. Clinical Chemistry. 1994; 40:1233–1238.
29. Hymer B. Residual solvent testing: a review of gas-chromatographic and alternative techniques. Pharmaceutical Research. 2003;20(3): 337-344.
30. Christian JR. Patel K. Gandhi TR. Validation and Experimental Design Assisted Robustness Testing of RPLC Method for the Simultaneous Analysis of Brinzolamide and Brimonidine Tartrate in an Ophthalmic Dosage Form. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science. 2016; 78(5): 631-640.
31. Tadeusz I, Anna G, Paulina, M, Ewelina R. New HPLC method with experimental design and fluorescence detection for analytical study of antihypertensive mixture, amlodipine and valsartan. American Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2013; 4:17-23.
32. Janc BS, Rakic T, Slavkovic B, Kostic A, Vemic A, Malenovic A. Systematical approach in evaluation of LC method for determination of raloxifene hydrochloride and its impurities employing experimental design. Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2013;3: 45-52.