B. Sudhakar, Palaparthi Srivalli, Ramya Sri. S
B. Sudhakar1*, Palaparthi Srivalli1, Ramya Sri. S2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Samskruti College of Pharmacy, Affiliated to JNTUH University, Hyderabad 501301, Telangana, India.
2Department of Pharmacy, University College of Technology, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500007, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
A new, simple, rapid, accurate and precise Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatographic method has been developed for the validated of Aspirin and Caffeine, in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient form as well as in combined tablet dosage form. Chromatography was carried out on Symmetry ODS C18 (4.6mm × 250mm, 5µm) column using a mixture of Methanol: Acetonitrile (35:65v/v) as the mobile phase at a flow rate of 1.0ml/min, the detection was carried out at 273nm. The retention time of the Aspirin and Caffeine, was 2.085, 5.262±0.02min respectively. The method produces linear responses in the concentration range of 30-70mg/ml of Aspirin and 6-14mg/ml of Caffeine. The mean % assay of marketed formulation was found to be 100.04%, and % recovery was observed in the range of 98-102%. Relative standard deviation for the precision study was found <2%. The developed method is simple, precise and rapid, making it suitable for estimation of Aspirin and Caffeinein API and combined tablet dosage form. The method is useful in the quality control of bulk and pharmaceutical formulations.
Cite this article:
B. Sudhakar, Palaparthi Srivalli, Ramya Sri. S. Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Aspirin and Caffeine in Pure and Tablet. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2023; 13(2):81-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2023.00016
B. Sudhakar, Palaparthi Srivalli, Ramya Sri. S. Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Aspirin and Caffeine in Pure and Tablet. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2023; 13(2):81-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2023.00016 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-2-2
1. A New Analytical method Validation and Quantification of Entacapone and its Related Substance in bulk G. Kumar, T.B. Patrudu, Tentu Nageswara Rao, M.V. Basaveswara Rao. Drug Product by HPLC. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2017; 7(1): 1-5. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2017.00001.1
2. Vegesna Swetha, S. V. U. M. Prasad, Y. Asha Rani. Analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of Cobicistat and Elvitegravir by using RP-HPLC in pure and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2017; 7(3): 151-158. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2017.00024.2
3. Sandip S. Chaudhari, Swapnil D. Phalak. Simultaneous Equation Method for Aspirin and Omeprazole (Yosprala) Tablet by using UV-Spectroscopy. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(2):69-72. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00013.2
4. Arun B. Kale, Prachyasuman Mohanty, Vishnu P. Choudhari, Abhijit S. Sutar, Swati C. Jagdale, Bhanudas S. Kuchekar. Spectrophotometric Simultaneous Determination of Clopidogrel and Aspirin in Combined Tablet Dosage Form by Ratio Derivative and Area Under Curve Method. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 4 (1): January 2011; Page 105-108.
6. Sharmin Reza Chowdhury, Mahfuza Maleque, Mahbubul Hoque Shihan. Development and Validation of a Simple RP-HPLC Method for Determination of Caffeine in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2(1): Jan.-Mar. 2012; Page 01-04.
7. Nguyen Anh Thu. Quantification of Acetaminophen, Caffeine and Ibuprofen in Solid Dosage Forms by UV Spectroscopy coupled with Multivariate analysis. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(2):127-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00022
8. Vu Dang Hoang. Simultaneous Determination of Paracetamol and Caffeine in tablets by Mean Centering and Derivative Transforms of UV Ratio Spectra. Asian J. Research Chem. 7(6): June 2014; Page 561-564.
9. B. Venkata Phani Deepthi, P. Muthuprasanna. Effect of Surfactant on Extraction of Caffeine from Coffee Powder. Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2012; 4(5): 271-276.
11. ICH Q2 (R1) Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology. International Conference on Harmonization, IFPMA, Geneva; 2005.
12. ICH Q2A. Text on Validation of Analytical Procedures, International Conference on Harmonization. Geneva; 1994.
13. ICH Q2A. Text on Validation of Analytical Procedures, International Conference on Harmonization. Geneva; 1995.
14. Sura, R. S., CVS, S., & rachamalla, S. S. (2022). Bioanalytical RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation Of Clopidogrel Bisulfate In Wistar Rat Plasma And Its Application To Pharmacokinetic Study. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics, 14(1), 106–111. https://doi.org/10.22159/ijap.2022v14i1.43328