Sahil Mahajan, Heemani Dave, Santosh Bothe, Debarshikar Mahpatra, Sandeep Sonawane, Sanjay Kshirsagar, Santosh Chhajed
Sahil Mahajan1, Heemani Dave1, Santosh Bothe2, Debarshikar Mahpatra3, Sandeep Sonawane1, Sanjay Kshirsagar1, Santosh Chhajed1*
1METs Institute of Pharmacy, Bhujbal Knowledge City, Affiliated to SPPU Pune University,
Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
2IEDC SVKM’s NMIMS University, Shirpur, Dist. Dhule, Maharashtra, India.
3Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Dadasaheb Balpande College of Pharmacy,
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
Different CVDs (CVD) are the leading wreak of mortality and disability worldwide. The pathology of CVD is complex; multiple biological pathways have been involved. Biomarkers act as a measure of usual or pathogenic biological processes. They play a significant part in the definition, prognostication, and decision-making with respect to the treatment of cardiovascular events. Inthis article, we had summarized key biomarkers which are essential to predict CVDs. We had studied prevalence, pattern of expression of biomarkers (salivary, inflammatory, oxidative stress, chemokines, antioxidants, genetic, etc.), its measurable impact, benefits of early detection and its scope. A considerable number of deaths due to cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) can be attributed to tobacco smoking and it rises the precarious of deathfrom coronary heart disease and cerebrovascular diseases. Cytokines which is categorized into pro inflammatory and anti-inflammatory take part in as biomarkers in CHD, MI, HF. Troponin, growth differentiation factor-15(GDF-15), C-reactive protein, fibrinogen, uric acid diagnose MI and CAD. Matrix Metalloproteins, Cell Adhesion Molecules, Myeloperoxidase, Oxidative stress biomarkers, Incendiary biomarkers are useful to predict the risk of UA, MI, and HF. Increased Endothelin-1, Natriuretic peptides, copeptin, ST-2, Galectin-3, mid-regional-pro-adrenomedullin, catecholamines are used to prognosticate Heart failure. Modern technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Biosensor and high-speed data communication made it possible to collect the high-resolution data in real time. The high-resolution data can be analyzed with advance Machine Learning (ML) algorithms, it will not only help to discover the disease patterns but also an real-time and objective monitoring of bio-signals can help to discover the unknown patterns linked with CVD.
Cite this article:
Sahil Mahajan, Heemani Dave, Santosh Bothe, Debarshikar Mahpatra, Sandeep Sonawane, Sanjay Kshirsagar, Santosh Chhajed. Objective Monitoring of Cardiovascular Biomarkers using Artificial Intelligence (AI). Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2022; 12(3):229-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2022.00038
Sahil Mahajan, Heemani Dave, Santosh Bothe, Debarshikar Mahpatra, Sandeep Sonawane, Sanjay Kshirsagar, Santosh Chhajed. Objective Monitoring of Cardiovascular Biomarkers using Artificial Intelligence (AI). Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2022; 12(3):229-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2022.00038 Available on: https://asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-3-9
1. Ying Huang JL. MicroRNA208 family in CVDs: therapeutic implication and potential biomarker. Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry. 2015 April; 71: p. 479-486.
2. Duvall WL. CVDs in Women. 2003 Oct.: p. 293-305.
3. Asia Pacific Cohort Studies Collaboration, Clinical Trials Research Unit,. Blood Pressure and CVDs in the Asia Pacific region. Journal of Hypertension. 2003 Jan; 21(4): p. 707-716.
4. David S. Celermajer, Clara K Chow, EloiMarijon. CVDs in the Developing World. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2012 Oct.; 60(14).
5. Prof. Mathias M. Müller, Andrea Griesmacher. Rational Diagnosis of CVDs.the journal of International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 2003 Jul 3; 14(2): p. 95-103.
6. Isaac Subirana, Montserrat Fito, Oscar Diaz, Joan Vilaet.al. Prediction of coronary disease incidence by biomarkers of inflammation, oxidation, and metabolism. Scientific Report.2018 Feb.; 8(3191).
7. Yayan, Josef. Emerging families of biomarkers for coronary artery disease: inflammatory mediators. Vascular Health and Risk Management.2013 July 31; 2013(9).
8. Richard Dobson, Hamish A Walker, Niki L Walker. Biomarkers in congenital heart disease. Biomarkers in Medicine. 2014 01 August; 8(7).
9. DrRamu Adela, Sanjay K. Banerjee. Review Article GDF-15 as a Target and Biomarker for Diabetes and CVDs: A Translational Prospective. Journal of Diabetes Research. 2015; 2015.
10. D.Gianness, M.MaltintiS., Del Ryi. Adiponectin circulating levels: A new emerging biomarker of cardiovascular risk. Pharmacological Research. 2007 December; 56(6).
11. Roland R J van Kimmenade, James L Januzzi. Emerging Biomarkers in Heart Failure.Clinical Chemistry. 2012 1 January; 58(1).
12. S.H. Han et.al. Adiponectin and CVDs: response to therapeutic interventions. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2007 6 February; 49(5).
13. Evelyn Barron, Jose Lara et.al. Blood-Borne Biomarkers of Mortality Risk: Systematic Review of Cohort Studies. PLoS ONE.2015 June 3; 10(6).
14. Konstantinos Stellos MR, S, Kea. Plasma levels of stromal cell-derived factor-1 in patients with coronary artery disease. Atherosclerosis. 2011; 219(2).
15. Toru Suzuki, Eduardo Bossone, Daigo Sawaki, Rolf AlexanderJanosi et.al. Biomarkers of aortic diseases. American Heart Journal.2013 Jan; 165(1).
16. Wu AHB. Markers for Early Detection of Cardiac Diseases.Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. 2009; 65, 2005
17. Suzuki T, Katoh H, Kurabayashi M, et al. Biochemical diagnosis of aortic dissection by raised concentrations of creatine kinase BB isozyme. Lancet.1997; 350(9080).
18. Toru Suzuki Alessandro Distante, AntonellaZizza, SantiTrimarchi, Massimo Villani et.al. Preliminary experience with the smooth muscle troponin-like protein, calponin, as a novel biomarker for diagnosing acute aortic dissectio. European Heart Journal.2008 June; 29(11).
19. Said El Shamieh SVS. Genetic biomarkers of hypertension and future challenges integrating epigenomics. Clinica Chimica Acta.2012 24 December; 414.
20. Beat heartbreak forever. [Online]. [cited 2020 August 2. Available from: https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/tests/blood-tests.
21. Apple JAaF. Blood Tests Detecting Heart Disease.Circulation-AHA Journals.2004; 109(3).
22. Lab Tests Online. [Online].; August 12, 2020.
23. Peter. A. Kavsak, Alan.H.B.Wu. Biomarkers for Coronary Artery Disease and Heart Failure, Contemporary Practice in Clinical Chemistry.2020 19 June; p.519-543.
24. Medical News Today Online. [Online].; June 7, 2019. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325415
25. “Creatine Kinase”. Merriam-Webster.com.; Aug https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/creatine%20kinase
26. Britannica, T. Editors of Encyclopaedia myoglobin. Encyclopedia Britannica.14 November 2017.
27. Jean P. Dzoyem, Victor Kuete, Jacobus N. Eloff. Biochemical Parameters in Toxicological Studies in Africa: Significance, Principle of Methods, Data Interpretation, and Use in Plant Screenings. Toxicology Survey of African Medical Plants, 2014; p.659-715.
28. Giuseppe Lippi, Camilla Mattiuzzi, Ivan Comelli, Gianfranco Cervellin
29. Biochem Med (Zagreb) 2013 Feb; 23(1): 78–82.
30. Bełtowski J, Jamroz A. Adrenomedullin--what do we know 10 years since its discovery? Pol J Pharmacol. 2004 Jan-Feb;56(1):5-27.
31. Epaminondas Zakynthinos, Nikolitsa Pappa, Inflammatory biomarkers in coronary artery disease,
32. Journal of Cardiology, Volume 53, Issue 3,2009, p.317-333.
33. Xu Jun-Yan, Xiong Yu-Yan, Lu Xiao-Tong, Yang Yue-Jin, Regulation of Type 2 Immunity in Myocardial Infarction, Frontiers in Immunology, Volume 10, 2019.
34. Jung M, Ma Y, Iyer RP, et al. IL-10 improves cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction by stimulating M2 macrophage polarization and fibroblast activation. Basic Res Cardiol. 2017;112(3):33.
35. Castro Flávia, Cardoso Ana Patrícia, Gonçalves Raquel Madeira, Serre Karine, Oliveira Maria José.Interferon-Gamma at the Crossroads of Tumor Immune Surveillance or Evasion.Frontiers in Immunology 2018;9.
36. Ravi Dhingra, Ramachandran S. Vasan.Biomarkers in cardiovascular disease: Statistical assessment and section on key novel heart failure biomarkers, Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine.2017, 27(2),p 123-133.