Psoriasis is an auto immune mediated inflammatory disease and autoimmune disease and no permanent cure. Psoriasis is non-contagious, dry and inflammatory skin disorder. The mechanism involves immune system to skin cell. Psoriasis are different parts induced on skin and characterized by sharply scaly, erythematous plaques. The psoriasis suffering any kind patients not depend on particular age and sex develop the disease. The causes are found genetic, environmental and immunologically. A variety of treatment available in market some are expensive and some are so much side effects. Ayurveda helps to diagnose psoriasis by natural plant. The treatment according to Ayurveda depends in their elements and Doshas. Herbal drug safe nature and easy availability as potential as anti-psoriatic activity. Psoriasis explore the proliferative activity. Herbal resources to develop a potent, safe and reliable therapy. Herbal creams, herbal gels and herbal lotions are mostly available and used in the treatment of psoriasis disease.
Cite this article:
Shivi Sondhi, Navdeep Singh, Shammy Jindal. Natural Remedies used in the Treatment of Psoriasis: A short Review. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2021; 11(1):43-45. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2021.00009.5
1. Kuchekar A.B., Pujari R.R., Psoriasis: A Comprehensive review, Int. J. of Pharm. and Life Sci., Vol.2, issue6: June 2011, 857-877.
2. Marzano A.V., Derlino F., Berti E.F., Pathogensis of Psoriasis: Focus on Autoinflammation, Research Dermatology, Feb 2018, 14-15.
3. Gladman D.D., Cheung C., HLA-C Locus Alleles in Patients with Psoriatic Arthritis, Dec.1998, 259-261.
4. Ram S., Indian psoriasis research; An impact assessment through bibliometric studies, Research JSCIRES, May- Aug 2013, vol.2, issue 2, 126-131.
5. Levine D. evaluation and management of psoriasis: An internist’s guide, medical the clinics.com, 2009, 1291-1303.
6. Vincent N., Devi R. D., Progress in psoriasis therapy via novel drug delivery systems, Dermatology report 2014, Vol. 6, 14-18.
7. Abraham N., Krishnan N., Raj A., management of psoriasis-ayurveda and allopathy- A review, international journal of dermatology and clinical research, ISSN 2455-8605.
8. Singh K.K., Tripathy S., Natural treatment alternatives for psoriasis a review on herbal resources, journal of applied pharmaceutical sci., vol.4, Nov. 2014, 114-121.
9. Sahu R. Jain N.K., Tiwari P., Herbal remedies: A new era for psoriasis disease, IJPSR 2011, Vol. 2, issue 3, 525-533.
10. Aghmiuni A.I., Akbarzadeh K.A., medicinal plants to calm and treat psoriasis disease, INTECH, 2017, 1-28.