Adverse drug reactions are also known as side effects. Adverse drugs reactions (Adrs), are toxic, unintended, and undesirable impacts which occur as result of drug treatment. These reactions occur due to self-medication or due to intake of over dose of medicines without prescription. The prescribed drugs may produce undesirable effects along with main effect which leads to adverse drug reactions. Most of the adverse drug reactions are preventable. Hence, in order to avoid adverse drug reactions one should take only properly prescribed drugs.
Cite this article:
Manisha Dhondising Rajput, Y. B. Rajput, L. D. Rajput. A Review on Adverse Drug Reaction. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(3):221-225. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2020.00038.6
1. G Paithasarathi, Karin N, Nahata M. Essential concepts and skills.lst Universities Press Impression. 2008: 84-97.
2. Tripathi K. Text book of Pharmacology. Jaypee Brothers Medical publishers Pvt. Ltd.2013: 218-222.
3. W Roger, Whittle C. Clinical pharmacy and Therapeutics. Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2007: 51-60.
4. BotharaK. Fundamentals of Pharmacology. NiraliPrakashan; 1, 2012: 10.1-10.8.
5. Tipnis H, Bajaj A. Clinical Pharmacy. career publication. 2013: 330-342.
6. World health organization safety of medicine: Guide to detecting an reporting adverse drug reactions. world health organization. Geneva 2002.
7. Pir Mohamed –M, BreckenirdgeAM,Ktteringgham NR, et.al Adverse drug reactions. BMJ 1998;316(7140):1295-8. Reference adverse drug events.
8. U.S. FDA, Guidance for Industry Good Phramacovigilance Practices and Pharmacoepidemiologic Assessment, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research and Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Rockville,MD, March 2005.
9. The Importance of Pharmacovigilance, Safety Monitoring of Medicinal Products. WHO 2002, the Uppsala Monitoring Centre, WHO Collaborating Centre for International Drug Monitoring
10. Phillips KA, Veenstra DL, Oren E, Potential role of pharmacogenomics in reducing adverse drug reactions: A systematic review, JAMA, 2001, 4:2270-2279.