Author(s): Bhagyashri T. Sakat, R B. Sakhare, U C. Suryvanshi, P. S. Kore, . S. K. Mohite, . C. S. Magdum

Email(s): bhagyashri09101997@gmail.com

DOI: 10.5958/2231-5691.2018.00008.4   

Address: Bhagyashri T. Sakat*, R B. Sakhare, U C. Suryvanshi, P. S. Kore, Dr. S. K. Mohite, Dr. C. S. Magdum
Rajarambapu College of Pharmacy, Kasegaon, Taluka: Walwa Dist: Sangli 415404
*Corresponding Author

Published In:   Volume - 8,      Issue - 1,     Year - 2018


ABSTRACT:
Osteoporosis, or porous bone, is a disease characterized by low bone mass and structural deterioration of bone tissue, leading to bone fragility and an increased susceptibility to fractures of the hip, spine, and wrist. Osteoporosis is a disease that can often be prevented and treated. Bone is living, growing tissue. It is made mostly of collagen, a protein that provides a soft framework, and calcium phosphate, a mineral that adds strength and hardens the framework. This combination of collagen and calcium makes bone strong yet flexible to withstand stress. More than 99% of the body calcium is contained in the bones and teeth. The remaining 1% is found in the blood.


Cite this article:
Bhagyashri T. Sakat, R B. Sakhare, U C. Suryvanshi, P. S. Kore, . S. K. Mohite, . C. S. Magdum. Osteoporosis: The Brittle Bone. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2018; 8(1):39-43. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2018.00008.4


Recomonded Articles:

Author(s): Bhagyashri T. Sakat, R B. Sakhare, U C. Suryvanshi, P. S. Kore, . S. K. Mohite, . C. S. Magdum

DOI: 10.5958/2231-5691.2018.00008.4         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): S. A. Mohite, R. R. Shah, N. R. Patel

DOI: 10.5958/2231-5691.2018.00004.7         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Ahmed M. Al-kadassy, Mohamed A. Suhail, Abdul Rahman S. Naji, Mawhoob N. O. Alkadasi, Abdulbaset A. Zaid

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Betsy Joseph, Anuradha V. P, Jayakrishnan S. S, Ajith B

DOI: 10.5958/2231-5691.2019.00027.3         Access: Closed Access Read More

Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (AJPRes.) is an international, peer-reviewed journal, devoted to pharmaceutical sciences. AJPRes. publishes Original Research Articles, Short Communications..... Read more >>>

RNI: Not Available                     
DOI: 10.5958/2231–5691 


Recent Articles




Tags